Quetzaltenango, or Xela is one of the top destinations in Guatemala, especially for those who enjoy the outdoors. Quetzaltenango is a fantastic place for hiking, spend time in nature and wellness. So, if you really want to enjoy Xela, you will need at least a couple of weeks.
- STUDY SPANISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE: Xela is the best city in the country to Study Spanish as a second language, as here you will find excellent Spanish Programs in a totally immersive environment. Most of the schools offer one on one programs, with certified Spanish Teachers that will guarantee the professionalism and experience. Also, in the same program you will have the opportunity to be hosted by a local family, where you will be part of family, learning the culture and traditions.
Note: You can start your Spanish immersion with an Online Spanish Classes via Skype – just follow the next link
- DO VOLUNTEER WORK: If you are considering traveling to Guatemala for the long term, you should consider doing some volunteer work and make a difference in the communities around the country.
What do you need to be a volunteer? Well, let´s start with passion, love and a want to help, even in the smallest way, in order to solve humanitarian problems, while traveling and learning. Besides this, each organization will require a specific profile according to their own needs. As a volunteer in Guatemala, you will be in touch with local communities, teaching at local/public schools or with orphans, support local hospitals or clinics, help in agriculture, empower women and much more.
If you are interested on getting an internship, volunteering or to support these kind of programmes, we highly recommend that you keep in touch with EntreMundos or send us a message ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) and we will provide you with all the information and support.
- TAKE SALSA DANCE CLASSES: If you like dancing, Xela is a wonderful place to do it, taking the opportunity to combine Spanish classes with learning how to dance Salsa. You can also choose to learn the other Latin Dances such as Bachata, Cumbia or Merengue. Dancing is another way to experience Guatemalan Culture.
- TAKE WEAVING CLASSES: For Mayan culture, weaving is an ancient art of backstrap loom weaving – If your interest is to connect with the past, understand the history and make your own piece, Xela is known for its Mayan culture that still strives even today. An expert woman weaver will be your teacher. You will be able to choose what piece you would like to make. The most common to make is scarves or table cloths, but you are free to decide the piece, colours and design. If you would like more information, keep in touch with “Trama Textiles or Asociación de Mujeres Del Altiplano Occidental” or send us a message – email@example.com .
- TAKE A DENTAL TREATMENT: Quetzaltenango and Guatemala City have become known as the best option for those people who are seeking high quality and affordable dental care.
Whether you are already traveling to Guatemala or you need a specialized dental treatment, you can find a personalized plan that is very affordable, without sacrificing the high quality. These prestigious and modern clinics are located in the center of Quetzaltenango. The services provided include general and specialist dentistry, implants and orthodontics as well as routine dental needs that you can reserve during your holidays in Guatemala.
For more details, itineraries and interview online with the doctors, feel free to send a message to – firstname.lastname@example.org – Travel & Health Guatemala.